Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Saying Hello

Hey all,

I’m Andrew Beam, that partner-in-crime Mike was referring to. I think he asked me to contribute because we have an eerily similar taste in music, and gin, actually. That, and we just have the same mindset about things which I think will become quite evident as the blog progresses.

I’m currently a reporter for a local newspaper in Upstate New York. I write about all that hokey community stuff while breaking news in the local politics realm.

I also have a profound love for music and politics. Both of those control my life. Which is what I will mostly be writing about here: Music and Politics. People say one is sometimes the result of the other but I try to keep them both separate.

But what do i want to talk about right now? The Arctic Monkeys. They’re fresh on my mind because they released this lovely barn burner of a track called “Don’t Sit Down Cause I’ve Moved Your Chair”.

It has that psychedelic feel left over from their previous release Humbug, as well as a more grungier tone that I personally think is due to hanging out with Josh Homme too much. But let’s be real, there’s no such thing as too much Josh Homme:

No comments:

Post a Comment