Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Kid Cudi & Chip Tha Ripper at Roseland Ballroom (Preview)


Kid Cudi & his main man from Cleveland Chip Tha Ripper have played a run of dates at Roseland Ballroom in New York City this week and tonight is the last of those shows. I'm really excited to see Chip perform tracks of his new Gift Raps mixtape because a) he absolutely murks those beats and b) Gift Raps was produced by Chuck Inglish of The Cool Kids so you know them shits is going to hit hard.

I'm not nearly as excited to see Kid Cudi for one main reason; the dude is an asshole. He's capable of making some awesome music and when he actually makes it to the stage he puts on a pretty good show but the last time I saw him I was waiting around for at least an hour for him to come out and actually perform. Apparently that wasn't a one off sort of situation either; its happened many a time. I'm just not a fan of that kind of attitude in a musician, especially if I'm shelling out dough to see them live. Anyway, here's to a hopefully better experience.

For now you can enjoy the excellent Chip track "Plural" off of Gift Raps : "That's two going at once, I like my girls like, I like my blunts."

Plural [Co. Prod. By Blended Babies] by Chip tha Ripper

No comments:

Post a Comment