Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Throwback Thursday


While in the beautiful city of Minneapolis this summer, I was reminded what it was like to have a quality local radio station. I was lucky enough to be introduced to Minnesota's Public Radio station, 89.3 The Current. Enjoying the tunes as a few friends and I rode around the city, my attention was grabbed as the radio waves pummeled me with a song that was so overwhelmingly 80s, it brought an instant smile and head nod. Everyone in the car's face underwent the exact same transformation.

The song was the 1985 masterpiece, "The Whole of the Moon" by The Waterboys off their album This is the Sea. As soon as I returned home, the first thing on my list of things to do was acquire this song and since then I've listened to almost nothing else. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment